Posted: 3:41 pm Wednesday, June 18th, 2014
By George Mathis
We’ve all experienced the pain at the pump.
But none of us have felt it quite like an unnamed Georgia man who allegedly shot himself in the privates as he was holstering his .45.
13wmaz.com in Macon reports the man was stopped at a Sunoco gas station on Zebulon Road last Thursday when the incident occurred at about 9:30 p.m.
Somehow, the man was able to drive to a friend’s house nearby where he, according to the news station, he “took off his pants and saw that he had ‘shot himself in the penis and that the bullet exited out of his buttocks.'”
The bullet fell to the floor.
The man was hospitalized but his medical condition was not cited.
Meanwhile, in Denver, a man in handcuffs fired at police officers after pulling a gun from the crack of his buttocks.
More interesting news discovered on the interwebs:
- Murdered man tried to pay off debt with Star Wars action figure collection
- Scientists finally find, name most abundant mineral on Earth
- College textbook price has risen more in the last 30 years than healthcare, homes
- Google’s Chrome browser more popular than Internet Explorer
- GM faces $10 billion lawsuit from owners who lost resale value amid recalls
- Man with 150 arrests, 6 DUIs, gets 5 years in crash that killed 4-year-old
- Indian chief says he will be offended if Redskins change name
- Marine fights to have VA admit he’s not dead
- ‘Last’ Nazi in America arrested for crimes at WWII death camp
About the Author
News to Me is a blog (not a news article) written Monday-Friday and any other day George finds spare time to do such a thing. George has been a local news editor with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution since 1999. Earlier attempts at journalism included stops in Valdosta, Cordele and Tifton. A lifelong resident of Georgia, he was raised in Berrien County. He’s fond of guitars, homemade beer and finding interesting news nuggets on the wire, Internet and Twitter.