If you are 80 and a 27-year-old woman wants to marry you, something other than love may be her motive.
This is especially true if you are in prison and your name is Charles Manson.
The New York Post reports the serial killer called off the nuptials because the bride-to-be wanted to put his corpse on display.
The woman, Afton Elaine Burton, also known as “Star,” believed a “Lenin’s Tomb-esque attraction would draw a huge number of visitors” and make her a lot of money. She had initially asked Manson to sign a legal document giving her his body, but when he refused to sign she hatched the plan to marry the cult leader.
Manson said he is against the wedding for two reasons: He is immortal, and therefore the plan is stupid, and he does not wish to “spend eternity displayed in a glass coffin.”
“He’s finally realized that he’s been played for a fool,” said journalist Daniel Simone.
Anyone that hatches a plan too crazy for Charles Manson needs to have their head examined.
More news you may find interesting:
- Stoned drivers safer than drunks drivers, according to federal data
- Jamaica legalizes up to two ounces of marijuana
- British dad kills man filming his daughter
- Pentagon spent $500,000 on Viagra last year for ‘troop support’
- Hacking group Anonymous hampers ISIS recruiting
- Former cop convicted in wife’s death tried to have prosecutor killed from prison
- Warrant cut-and-paste error allows ex-deputy accused of child porn to avoid charges