There’s a big fat line between discipline and child abuse, but many parents have no trouble making that leap.
In Florida, a mother sent her bruised child to school in a T-shirt featuring a long, hand-written note saying the girl had received a ‘good whoopin’ for poor grades.
Melany Joyce Alexander, 31, is charged with child abuse. She admitted beating the middle school student with a belt that had metal rivets on it, leaving bruises and marks on the child’s neck, arms and back.
Authorities would not reveal the age of the child, but since she’s a middle school student she’s probably around 13. The girl is now living with her stepfather.
Hopefully, the lengthy note Alexander wrote on her kid’s white T-shirt gave her a permanent case of carpal tunnel.
On the front of the shirt it said:
“My name is [girl’s name]. I currently have all F’s in all of my classes. I am not aloud to have a boyfriend no time soon. So back off before I get another good woopin like I got last night. Also I can no longer have any friends until all of my F’s are all brought up to C’s and up!!!”
The back reads:
“So unless you are helping me with this goal … back off!!! My eating French fries and being a social butterfly is over because I know why my parents send me to school. I now know the IMPORTANCE of my education. I will learn. I will listen to my teachers and be respectful, at all times. I will do these things because I am failing due to my social life. Want to be my friend : ) Help me by not!!!”
I fully support teaching children the value of an education, but it seems this mom could use an education herself.
More news you may find worthy:
- Savannah cop who shot and killed handcuffed man is cleared
- Chicago police detaining Americans at secret ‘black site’
- Police force minorities to give photographs, fingerprints in random stops
- Teen who tried to rob home gets 55-year sentence because homeowner killed his friend
- US State Department official charged with soliciting a minor online for sex
- Washington DC opposes Congress, forges ahead with legalization of marijuana
- Lab accidentally creates glasses that cure color blindness
- Black hole spotted that is as large as 12 billion suns
- Strange, unexplained ‘lights’ seen on dwarf planet Ceres