It can be tough to be young and in love.
It can be even tougher for chickens cooped up near a heartbroken barnyard terrorist.
Alabama teen Haden Smith faces charges of domestic violence and criminal mischief after texting his mother and telling her he would kill one of her chickens “every 15 minutes” until she mended his broken relationship with his girlfriend.
Smith told his mom she had until noon Thursday to fix whatever he had screwed up.
When mom failed to do what was probably impossible, Smith began killing chickens and texting his mom pictures of the slaughtered birds.
The 18-year-old also threatened to burn down his mom’s house, kill himself and shoot any deputies that showed up at the Limestone County property, which is just west of Huntsville.
He was arrested after killing six chickens.
Now Smith has lost the love of his girlfriend and maybe his mother.
I generally don’t give relationship advice, but something young people sometimes forget is that early relationships aren’t that important and it’s wrong to kill simply because you are upset about something.
More news I found interesting:
- Mexico begins selling Donald Trump pinatas
- Anti-vaccine doctor from Georgia commits suicide
- Construction crew finds $1 million in gold bars
- 6 black churches burned in 5 southern states, including one in Macon
- Puerto Rico says island’s debts are “not payable”
- Texas pastor says he wasn’t serious about setting self on fire over gay marriage
- Deputy caught on video abusing K-9 partner
- NY school changes grades to boost student achievement