A 21-year-old North Carolina man has seen enough rainbows.
Police say Lucas Dylan Wilhelmson entered a Charlotte, N.C., bar that serves the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community and angrily denounced the recent Supreme Court decision giving everyone an equal chance at divorce.
Witnesses said Wilhelmson then began shouting gay slurs at customers.
When he was asked nicely to leave, he slapped the owner of “The Bar at 316” repeatedly.
The police reports says Wilhelmson slapped the bar owner 15 times and threatened to return later to kill Jeffrey Edward, who said on Facebook he was not injured.
Wilhelmson, who claims to be an N.C. State student on his Facebook page, has been arrested eight times and spent time in jail for DUI, reports the local ABC News station. He is charged with simple assault and communicating threats for the Sunday incident.
Despite being so hateful, Wilhelmson will not be charged with a hate crime because North Carolina hate crime laws do not cover sexual orientation.
More news I found interesting:
- Florida man accused of terrorism because of book collection set free
- Sugary drinks kill more people than guns
- ‘Star of Bethlehem’ will appear Tuesday night
- Detroit mom calls children she killed ‘demons’
- FSU mascot killed in gumbo recipe argument
- ISIS beheads women for witchcraft